Please do NOT send your child to school if he/she has or has had Fever more than 99 degrees within the last 24 hours (must be fever free without medication).
Oklahoma Law does not allow ANY school personnel, including the nurse, to give ANY medication without proper medical forms signed by the parent and a doctor. This includes ALL over the counter medications, even cough drops. These forms are available in the front office.
As many people are getting colds and the flu we would greatly appreciate your assistance in preventing the spread of illnesses in our school. Please help us teach your children good health habits to protect themselves as well as others:
1. Get plenty of rest and eat healthy foods.
2. Do not eat or drink after someone else.
3. Keep hydrated by drinking a lot of healthy fluids (sodas do not count).
4. When coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth by coughing or sneezing into a tissue or bent elbow.
5. Practice frequent hand washing with soap and warm water or use hand sanitizer.
This is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs. Wash, Wash, and Wash those Hands!
Since students need to be picked up when they become ill at school we will need current telephone numbers. Please inform the school immediately of any change in telephone number(s) so we may be able to reach you when needed.
Thank You so much in advance for working with us to keep students and staff healthy and in school!
MPS School Nurse & Principals